Hotels in Wexford, Ireland
- Find your ideal accommodation in Wexford with trivago
- Compare prices and view photos, reviews and hotel info
- Book at the ideal price!
Where to Stay in Wexford: Your Questions Answered
Wexford is a great beach destination to visit in Ireland and it has a rich history that has shaped not only the region, but the history of Ireland itself. Today, however, the town is better known as a regional hub of culture and food, as well as one of the best places in the country for seal spotting.
Founded by Vikings, almost destroyed by Cromwell and influenced by Spanish and Flemish sailors in between, Wexford has plenty to offer inquisitive visitors looking to delve into its long and turbulent past, including the captivating Irish National Heritage Park, which chronicles the development of peoples of Ireland, beginning in prehistoric times.
A coastal town, Wexford has several hotels by the sea, or hotels that are just a short walk from the shore. Those looking for hotels in Wexford near the beach should start their search closer to Rosslare, just outside Wexford. Rosslare is home to a long sandy beach where you can enjoy paddling in the sea or alternatively enjoy the championship golf course located just next to the beach.
Where to stay in Wexford for families?
Wexford’s proximity to sandy beaches (including Curracloe) and its small, compact town centre, make it a great location for families, including those with small children. If your family are looking for a hotel with a swimming pool there are plenty to be found within the town and some that feature their own spas - should you be needing a relaxing massage after tending to the kids all day.
Where to stay in Wexford for a romantic break?
If you are looking for a romantic break for just the two of you, you’ll find plenty of options available, from luxurious manors and country house hotels with free-standing roll top baths, to modern and stylish boutique hotels boasting inviting spas and swimming pools. For a more rustic romantic stay, the area includes many hotels with original period features such as roaring fireplaces or exposed brickwork, perfect for a country weekend break of cosying-up beside the fire.
Where to find a cheap hotel in Wexford?
Those looking for an affordable weekend break in Wexford or hunting for hotel deals should opt for one of the many B&Bs or lodges found in Wexford town centre, which offer good quality accommodation with a personal and welcoming touch. Think home cooked food, rustic interiors and friendly locals.
When is the best time to go to Wexford?
Every October, Wexford Town is host to the Wexford Festival Opera, an internationally renowned festival celebrating new and old operatic performances. Begun by a local doctor in 1951, the festival has become one of the best known of its kind, famous for premiering new and unheard operas and singers. The festival is centred around the National Opera House in Wexford and involves a large firework display to kick off the festivities.
Book a hotel in August for the best conditions for exploring the local sandy beaches or green surrounding countryside. Unsurprisingly, searches for hotels in Wexford Town are at their highest in August, but there are normally still last-minute deals to be had.
Price rangefrom €28to €245
- Hotel Clayton Whites Hoteldeals from €79
- Hotel Talbot Suites At Stonebridgedeals from €64
- Hotel Whitford House Hoteldeals from €61
- Hotel Talbot Hotel Wexforddeals from €62
- Hotel Maldron Hotel Wexforddeals from €57
- Hotel Jim McGee'sdeals from €60
More Top Hotels
- Saint John's
- Rosemount House
- Ferrycarrig Hotel
- Riverbank House
- The Blue Door
- Maple Lodge
- Coast Rosslare Strand
- Ambrose Mews B&B
- Rathaspeck Manor
- Ferrycarrig Lodge
- Robin Hill
- Killiane Castle Country House & Farm
- Wexford Detached Holiday Home Large Private Gardens , Near Beach Sleeps 6
- Norman Castle Cottages Beautifully Renovated
- Richfield House And Ballymagyr Castle Cottages
- Faythe Guesthouse
- Killurin Lodge
- Lovely Curracloe Holiday Home With Spectacular Sea Views 2 Minutes From Beach
- The Foggy Dew
- Abrae House
- Farmer's Kitchen Hotel
- Rockville Bed and Breakfast
- Bugler Doyles
- St. George Guest House
- The Wexford Arms Pub & Guest Accommodation
- Windy Acre
- Carrig House
- Winter Heights
- The Dolls House
- The Riverside Park And Leisure Club
- Relaxing Holiday Retreat In The Sunny Southeast
- Kilderry Country House
- Ballyfan Holiday Home
- 2 Bedroom Townhouse - Wexford Town Centre
- Healthfield Manor
- Clody Lodge
- Tigh Bawn
- Wexford Town Opera Mews - 2 Bed Apartment
- Hotels in Dublin 6616 Hotels deals from €11
- Hotels in Kilkenny 319 Hotels deals from €30
- Hotels in Gorey 83 Hotels deals from €50
- Hotels in Wicklow 264 Hotels deals from €36
- Hotels in Waterford 219 Hotels deals from €30
- Hotels in Carlow 76 Hotels deals from €35
More Top Destinations
- County Wexford
- New Ross
- Limerick City
- Dún Laoghaire
- Sligo Town