Hotels in Raleigh, USA
- Find your ideal accommodation in Raleigh with trivago
- Compare prices and view photos, reviews and hotel info
- Book at the ideal price!
Raleigh: The City of Oaks
Dubbed as the ‘City of Oaks’ due to the streets being lined by countless oak trees, Raleigh is a charming metropolis and the capital of North Carolina. Along with being home to North Carolina State University, the city has an exciting mix of historical attractions, things to do, restaurants, shops, hotel choices, and more! Raleigh is an enticing area for both travellers and those looking for a place to live, and is often ranked by reputable sources as amongst the best cities in America.
Activities for All
Raleigh, NC is a haven of attractions that will provide plenty of enjoyment for those of all ages. When it comes to family-friendly things to do, you have a wealth of options available. Marbles Kids Museum has a wide range of interactive activities that will inspire and delight younger travellers. Pullen Park is a great spot for relaxed outdoor fun in an expansive space. And although it’s away from the downtown area – and consequently hotels, shops and dining options – Frankie’s Fun Park is also worth seeking out. This theme park has a thrilling selection of amusement rides, arcade games and much more! If in search of something a little more calming and scenic, places such as the Neuse River Greenway Trail, JC Raulston Arboretum and William B. Umstead State Park all come highly recommended. Want to catch a game of sport or special live event? Well, the PNC Arena – Raleigh’s largest venue and with not a bad seat in the house – is a regular host of major shows throughout the year.
History to Discover
Raleigh has plenty of history behind it, and this can be experienced in the form of numerous museums and heritage sites. When it comes to this side of the city, the only place to start is with the free-to-enter state museums revolving around natural sciences, art and history. Firstly, the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is a highly-regarded attraction that features everything from dinosaur exhibits to whale skeletons. The North Carolina Museum of Art is judged as one of the best of its kind in the South of America, while more than 14,000 years of the state’s heritage can be explored via the North Carolina Museum of History. Other major places of interest in Raleigh that boast a rich heritage include Oakwood Cemetery, Historic Oakwood and the Historic Yates Mill County Park – the latter of which contains an 18th century mill that is the last of its type in NC that is still in operation.
From well-known retailers to quirky independent establishments, shopping in Raleigh is a treat. One of the main areas for this is downtown, where you can buy all manner of essentials, treats and gifts from the many stores on offer. Yet for an alternative place that has a centralised selection of shops, many pay a visit to the Crabtree Valley Mall. Positioned just outside the city centre, this expansive mall has nearly 200 stores to its credit – ensuring you could find essentially everything you could possibly need! Yet if food items that are locally produced are more to your fancy, the State Farmers Market is your one-stop destination. Operating on a seven days a week basis, this farmers market is ideal for searching and selecting from a scrumptious selection of fresh produce. And if bargain hunting is your game, the Raleigh Flea Market is where you need to go. Open every weekend and a tradition since 1971, this flea market boasts more than 600 unique vendors overall.
Dining & Drinking
With over 1,000 dining options at your disposal, there is far from a lack of variety and choice when it comes to dining in Raleigh. Fancy tucking into a juicy, succulent cut of beef from a traditional steakhouse? How about some authentic Italian cuisine? Perhaps a sampling of Mexican cuisine that will get your taste buds dancing? Whatever your occasion, budget or taste, you will find it when it comes to selecting a restaurant in the city. The same can also be said in terms of establishments where you can tip back a refreshing beverage. From contemporary cocktail bars to long-standing watering holes, there are hundreds of spots where drinking is at the forefront. Also, note that Raleigh features some of the most acclaimed craft breweries in America, with the Big Boss Brewing Company and Crank Arm Brewing Company being just two popular examples.
Price rangefrom €39to €1,254
- Hotel Extended Stay America Suites - Raleigh - North Raleigh - Wake Forest Roaddeals from €44
- Hotel Knights Inn Raleigh Downtown Eastdeals from €44
- Hotel Quality Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport deals from €49
More Top Hotels
- Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree Valley
- Extended Stay America Suites - Raleigh - Northeast
- Comfort Suites Raleigh
- Renaissance Raleigh North Hills
- Comfort Inn Raleigh
- Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh Cary
- Embassy Suites Raleigh Durham Airport Brier Creek
- Extended Stay America Suites - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
- Super 8 Raleigh North East
- The Stateview Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Motel 6 Raleigh North
- DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh Midtown
- Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown
- Best Western Plus Raleigh Crabtree Valley Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center
- Stunning barn conversion for stop overs,or sightseeing in the Dordogne.
- Hotels in New York 17989 Hotels deals from €35
- Hotels in Smithfield 17 Hotels deals from €41
- Hotels in Durham 866 Hotels deals from €40
- Hotels in Dublin 7165 Hotels deals from €11
- Hotels in Orlando 20811 Hotels deals from €24
- Hotels in Morrisville 91 Hotels deals from €50
More Top Destinations
- Washington D.C.
- Chapel Hill
- Las Vegas
- Miami Beach
- Wake Forest
- Myrtle Beach
- San Francisco
- Puerto del Carmen
- Limerick City
- Sligo Town
- Lake Buena Vista